A full house this evening as we welcomed our members, Toastmasters from other clubs and guests for Brad Revell’s Presentation Lifecycle workshop. Covering the steps from ideation, development, preparation, presentation, feedback to reflection; this will inspire our attendees as they prepare for their next speeches.
Also, Ga Lok gave a short session on how to prepare for the Evaluation contest; together with Brad’s insights we hope this encourage everyone as we approach the International Speech and Evaluation contest.
PDF of presentation notes will be sent to attendees, if you have any questions, please get in touch at: email@example.com
A reminder that our next meeting, Tues 21st February, we will be hosting our club contest. All guests are still welcome and we will be joined by visiting judges from other clubs. See you then.
What a way to end January, with fantastic speeches and plenty guests visiting the club.
Rachel opened the club meeting as President, she also reminded everyone that our February meetings will run differently though all members and guests are welcome to attend.
- On Tues 7th February, our normal meeting will be replaced by a workshop: The Presentation Lifecycle: From Ideation to Preparation delivered by Brad Revell
- On Tues 21st February, will be our club Speech and Evaluation contest, the winners will go onto the Area contest as part of the International Speech contest season
- In March, Tues 7th March will be back to our regular meeting
Our Toastmaster was Marcelo, opening the meeting to welcome everyone and making sure the evening ran smoothly
Dimos was our timekeeper, explaining the importance to making sure we stick to within the allocated time.
Doris was our Grammarian, choosing Cornucopia, meaning a symbol of abundance and nourishment as the word of the day.
Felicitas was our Table Topics Master, using existing start up solutions as the theme for people to tell their stories, Ga Lok provided feedback to all of our Table Topic speakers.
Tom was our Sargent at Arms to introduce the guests, and asking them what they liked about London.
Three speeches this evening:
- Leanne with an advanced speech project from the Interpretive Reading Manual: “This Book will Save your Life”, speech evaluated by Tom
- Kirsty with her #5 Speech Project: “Time to Change”, speech evaluated by Rachel
- Ga Lok with an advanced speech project from the Persuasive Speaking Manual: “Complement My Compliments”, speech evaluated by Tomasz
Congratulations to Andrew for winning best table topic on Church ride throughs, Tom for best evaluator and Ga Lok for best speech.
Look forward to seeing everyone at the workshop on the 7th February. Usual place and doors open at 6:30pm