A fantastic meeting with lots of guests wanting to improve their public speaking and 2 great speeches this evening. A few important announcements before the meeting report:
- As we have 5 Tuesdays in January, the next meeting will be on Tues 31st January
- On Tues 7th February, our normal meeting will be replaced by a workshop: The Presentation Lifecycle: From Ideation to Preparation delivered by Brad Revell
- On Tues 21st February, will be our club Speech and Evaluation contest, the winners will go onto the Area contest as part of the International Speech contest season
- In March, Tues 7th March will be back to our regular meeting
Our Toastmaster was Leanne, opening the meeting to welcome everyone and making sure the evening ran smoothly
Marcelo was our timekeeper, explaining the importance to making sure we stick to within the allocated time.
Ga Lok was our Table Topics Master, using new year’s resolutions as the theme for people to tell their stories, Rachel provided feedback to all of our Table Topic speakers.
Kirsty was our Sargent at Arms to introduce the guests, and asking them what they wanted to achieve in 2017.
Two speeches this evening:
- Shamim with an advanced speech project from the Interpretive Reading Manual: “The Raven”, speech evaluated by Marcelo
- Ana with her #10 Speech Project: “Be Proactive”, speech evaluated by Tom
We also had Eoin, visiting from Broadgate Speakers club, who provided an insightful General Evaluation.
Congratulations to Ana for completing her competent communicator manual, Shamim on reading an emotive poem, Tom for winning best table topic topic on talking to kids and Marcelo for best evaluator.