I hope everyone had a great Halloween over the weekend. This evening we had a “communication” packed Toastmasters meeting.
Rachel opened up the meeting as Club President and we have 3 exciting things coming up over the next few weeks:
- Leanne representing our club at the District Contest this Saturday 5th Nov – we wish her all the best
- Brad will be delivering his Presentation Lifecycle workshop on 15th Nov
- Our club Christmas social will be on Tues 6th December, starting with a short table topics session, we will then head over the restaurant for meal, drinks and laughs
Our Toastmaster this evening was Charlotte, making sure the right people, spoke at the right time on the right topic.
Time was monitored by Darius, he is a new member and he did an outstanding job in his first role.
Kirsty was our Grammarian, choosing “Transmogrify” as the word of the day, which referred to transforming in a surprising or magical manner.
Leanne introduced our new guests for the evening.
Rachel was our Table Topics Master, with a secret bag of items as theme for the evening.
Ana was our Table Topics Evaluator, giving our guests and members lots of feedback.
We had 3 great speeches tonight at the start of the second half (their speech evaluators in brackets):
- Brad – “The Pen is mightier than the Keyboard” – An advanced technical speech project on how you capture information affects how well you recall it (Marcelo)
- Ada – “Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam” – A project #3 speech on communication and broadening your horizons through language learning (Simonetta)
- Ga Lok– “The Accidental Handshake” – An advanced speech on how to have to make a better 2nd/3rd impression and the perils (Tom)
Congratulations to Ada for best speaker, Simonetta for best evaluator and Brad + Kirsty with their best table topic selling their mysterious wares.